Wednesday 12 October 2016

A CONVERSATION

I had a briefing in class with Carrie today.

Initially, as I started my course by telling a story about depression, insecurities, fears and doubt through sequential images, and I had found myself really attached and attracted to this theme of work. So for my major project, I want to get more engaged with the theme of mental problems, for instance, sadness, grief, depression, doubt, etc...

As far as my vision goes, I want my major project to portray mental problems as things that are physically real to us, for example, disproportionate humans, creatures, and monsters. I want to strip them from the concept of them not being physically attached to humans, I want them to be up in front of our faces, I want these things to be tangible hindrances.

Why is this?
In my perspective, by turning these insecurities into physically touchable monsters, it amplifies the the seriousness of them, then it shows how serious mental illnesses are, as nowadays, despite that mental illnesses are very real and they're a sensitive topic, many seem to be ignorant towards the ones that have to bare with these horrible things on a daily basis. As a result, people that are occupied with mental illnesses tend to not be able to open up to anybody in fears of being judged and perceived as being an "attention whore", which only makes their conditions worse.

I want to raise awareness.

My Vision?
I want my work to show girls being engulfed, strangled, hugged, and even kissed by these monsters, as they feed on their hosts' sadness, anger and fears to grow and evolve, so their hosts are precious to them, and they have every right to manipulate these girls.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment