Monday 3 October 2016

Sequential Images

This is a sequence of photographs demonstrating a swan expanding its wings.

Photographed with iPhone 6S' build-in camera.
I turned all these photos grayscale by using the filter called "Noir", the effect of this is that it makes the swan's movement more dramatic as the swan's colour is in clear contrast with the water's colour.

Photo:  Photo:  Photo:
Photo:  Photo:  Photo:












_________________________________________________________________________________

This is my story, made from sequential images.

This piece is called, Current Status.
Digital Art, drawn using a Wacom Intuos with Photoshop CC

Description: A story about a character who has severely damaged mental health who is being denial about her problems.


Backtracking, 15th October 2016

To be honest, I don't find myself really satisfied looking at this piece of work. Having a short amount of time working on this has left me really little room to refine this artwork. Ideally, I really want this piece to be more aesthetically pleasing, I want the images to be clearer, I want to express the pain as vividly as possible (though this art style works effectively as messy marks really shows confusion and indecision), all this just screams unprepared and unfinished to me. Coming back to this after two weeks of finishing it makes me really think, have I done enough?

Yes, I have delivered the message I wanted to share, but it just doesn't feel like I am having the final product that I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment