Thursday 17 November 2016

DISTORTION

DISTORTION vs INSECURITIES and MENTAL HEALTH

At the library, I also managed to play with the 'Distortion' feature on Photoshop. The reason that I think putting distortion into my work is relevant is because distortion can create confusion, personally, I think it also shows the true form of insecurities, it shows how we ourselves really see us, a bunch of twisted, deformed, ugly humans.

I went on a dug deeper on the theme of distortion, and I looked at Jenny Saville. Instead of squeezing flesh into glass, I used Photoshop's 'distortion' tool to create the same effect. With each type of distortion comes a different facial expression ranging from confused to scared.

There's this one pixelate filter that I really liked, when applied on a face, it looks like the girl wants to censor herself from the world as she is too afraid of what people say about her and she doesn't want to ever show up or to be seen so clearly by everyone. 


Jenny Saville, Closed Contact

THE DISTORTIONS


Spherize / Distortions


Twirl / Distortion


Zig Zag / Distortion


Wave / Distortion


Liquify 


Pixilate / Moisaic

No comments:

Post a Comment